Following last month’s release on Wii U, The Game Bakers’ SQUIDS franchise is now on Nintendo 3DS in SQUIDS Odyssey, a tactical RPG available for download in the Nintendo eShop. Designed specifically for handheld devices, SQUIDS Odyssey has casual combat with quick levels that can easily be enjoyed on the go, alongside an epic adventure storyline reminiscent of old-school JRPGs.
Check out my review of the Wii U version HERE.
When a mysterious black ooze seeps into the sea and disturbs the Squids’ peaceful kingdom, a scrappy shoal of heroes must fight back. During turn-based combat against ooze-infected crab and shrimp, the Squids’ springy tentacles become their best weapons: stretch them with your finger or the stylus, aim, and release to shoot your Squid toward its target. Four hero classes, stat-boosting helmets, and power-ups add a strategic element to the role-playing gameplay.
SQUIDS Odyssey for Nintendo 3DS includes all the same content as on Wii U, with gorgeous artwork thanks to a 3D-layered effect that shows off the Squids’ lush kingdom like never before. Game features include:
- Build your party from 15 different Squids in four classes — shooters, scouts, troopers, and healers
- Win turn-based battles with strategy and skill, using the environment and your party’s strengths to your advantage
- Lose yourself in an epic story across four exotic underwater kingdoms
- Engage in 90+ missions for more than 15 hours of gameplay in the main storyline, plus an expert Pro Mode that doubles the game length and provides extra challenge
- Boost your heroes’ abilities with 65+ fun and funky-looking helmets
The Game Bakers’ SQUIDS games have had more than two million downloads since their 2011 debut on mobile. As the franchise’s first appearance on consoles, SQUIDS Odyssey is the ultimate SQUIDS compilation that includes all content previously released, with tons of improvement and tweaks. Content exclusive to SQUIDS Odyssey includes a new campaign that continues the adventure in the never-before-seen kingdom of Wakame, a new Squid warrior named Oktoku, and four new helmets.
SQUIDS Odyssey can be downloaded for 12.99€ / $14.99 (or equivalent in local currency) from the Nintendo eShop.
An awesome deal for European gamers: Buy the Nintendo 3DS version of SQUIDS Odyssey and get the Wii U version for free! (Your Wii U and Nintendo 3DS must be linked with the same Nintendo Network ID to take advantage of this promotion; valid in Europe only.)