Konami has released a new, and presumably final, trailer for the upcoming Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain which is directed by Kojima himself.
Not only does this trailer depict the franchise’s extensive history, it also showcases new features that have not yet been announced.
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will have a companion app similar to the successful app for Ground Zeroes.
- Like in Ground Zeroes the app can connect with the main game to show the in-game map as you play. Acting as a second screen map in the palm of your hand.
- Using the app to navigate allows the player to see the map at all times and see more of the map on the screen than in game
- The app also allows you to listen to all records / music that you obtain as you progress through the game.
- The companion app is only available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and Xbox One and will be available for download on Sept. 1, 2015, in time for the game’s launch.
METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN will retail with an SRP of $59.99 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam; and $49.99 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. SRP of ‘Collector’s Edition’ will be $99.99 for the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One.