Konami will be taking more of my money as a Limited Edition version was announced for the MGS HD Collection. While not as cool as the bonus discs/content of the PS2 games, that Art Book sure sounds nice.
Konami announced a ‘Limited Edition’ METAL GEAR SOLID HD COLLECTION will be available for the PlayStation3 and Xbox 360 and is set to be released this winter.
In addition to the new features for METAL GEAR SOLID HD COLLECTION announced on September 15, 2011, the ‘Limited Edition’ will contain:
- Standard game
• Specialized packaging created by series lead artist, Yoji Shinkawa
• 248 page exclusive “The Art of Metal Gear Solid” artbook
Features for METAL GEAR SOLID HD COLLECTION include:
• Remastered from the ground up for PS3® & Xbox360®
- Stunning 1080p graphics
- 60 frames-per-second graphics
• Icons, sound effects, and all fonts upgraded for HD
- User interface rebalanced for HD
- Added right analog stick input and force feedback*
• Features Trophies on PS3 and Achievements on Xbox 360
- Worldwide matchmaking for multiplayer (tentative)
• TRANSFARRING (save data sharing) compatible with PSP version*