David Cox, Producer for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, has spilled some of the game’s best kept and most interesting secrets about this upcoming title.
1. The design of Gabriel’s costume in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow was based on the cover of the NES game “Simon’s Quest”.
2. We considered various actors for the role of Dracula including Gerard Butler and Jonathan Rhys Meyers, both of whom have played Dracula.
3. Mercury Engine 2 was designed for next gen systems and was built from scratch.
4. Almost every single enemy and character has appeared in previous Castlevania games.
5. The work of Guillermo Del Toro has been a big inﬂuence on the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow series.
6. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 uses a combination of orchestral and electronic music. This was done to highlight the past and present aspects of the game.
7. Zobek is an amalgamation of the Dark Priest Shaf and Death from earlier Castlevania games.
8. In Dracula Curse for the NES, if players completed the game as Trevor Belmont, during the end cut scene Trevor married Sypha Belnades. In Mirror of Fate Trevor is married to Sypha Belnades.
9. Hideo Kojima played the character of Chupacabras in the Japanese version of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.
10. Hoko Kuwashima, Carmilla’s Japanese voice actress, also voiced Shanoa in Order of Ecclesia.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection for the PlayStation®3, Xbox 360 are available now, and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD for XBLA and PSN are both available now. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 will be released for PlayStation®3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC in the US on February 25, 2014.
For more information, please visit www.konami-castlevania.com
Check out the review and live stream of the recently released PC version of the original LoS HERE.