Walk, don’t run, to the next offering from Choice Provisions! Runner3, the third entry in the BIT.TRIP RUNNER series, launches May 22 on Nintendo Switch and Steam.
The rhythm-music gameplay of BIT.TRIP RUNNER and Runner2 is back and better than ever! The Timbletot is determined to rid the multiverse of all its love and happiness. CommanderVideo, a lover if ever there were one, refuses to let this happen. He’s ready to jump, double-jump, wall-jump, slide-jump, slide, kick, float, fly, and dance his way to victory, all across a medley of thrilling, challenging, and joyous levels!
- Charles Martinet! – Charles Martinet, known best as the voice of Mario, returns for his role of “The Narrator”
- New Playable Characters! – New playable characters including Shovel Knight, Eddie Riggs of Brutal Legend fame, and Charles Martinet himself!
- Hero Quests! – Runner3 is filled with oddball characters in need of your help. Lend them a hand and they’ll reward you generously!
- Vehicles! – Players will encounter wild vehicles that stand no chance of ever being deemed street legal. Eggplant planes! A celery car! Cans propelled by carbonation! And so much more!
- Branching Paths! – Every level in Runner3 offers branching paths of varying difficulties. Take the hard path and earn yourself some gems; opt for the normal path and line your pockets with precious gold bars. The choice is yours!
- Challenge Levels! – Fancy yourself a pro BIT.TRIP RUNNER player? Test your mettle with the tough-as-nails Challenge Levels!
- Item Shop! – Players will be able to spend gold and gems earned while playing on costumes, capes, accessories, and more. There are no in-game purchases in Runner3–keep your dang money!
- Retro Challenges! – A series tradition, every level in Runner3 has an accompanying “retro” level. These levels will also offer a series’ first: free movement! Control the Commander in ways you never have before!